In early June, it seemed like I couldn’t log onto a foodie website without seeing several dozen new popsicle recipes on each page. Here was white wine with raspberries and here was basically an oreo cookie on a stick. It was like everyone wanted to jump into the season with the most stereotypically summer-y treat of all time. What was this madness?! And how could I immediately sign up for it?!
Thankfully, popsicles are not difficult to create on your own. Even without those super-cool popsicle trays or fancy wines.
Enter, Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles.
This recipe began as an attempt to mimic someone else’s recipe, and ended up as a spontaneous creation of our own. Many of my favorite recipes have similarly started out that way. Never be afraid to substitute ingredients in your own pantry for items called for in recipes. It might come out terribly (in which case you’ll learn never to try that combination out again) or it might end up better than you could imagine!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Heat milks, sugars, and salt in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, let it cool, and then stir in the vanilla.
2. Add half to the chocolate chips to the bottom of popsicle trays/ cups. Add in the milk mixture and place in the freezer for about two hours until partially frozen.
3. Take out popsicles and add the other half of the chocolate chips to the cups. Place back in freezer until popsicles are fully frozen.
Check out some more popsicle recipes here!